Green is good for you. Not just the veggies, I’m talking lush green interiors.
Nature’s very own green brings balance and harmony to your space. Gorgeous green offers a classic counterpoint to any other colour as it does in your garden. Houseplants are back in a big way (the more the merrier) reconnecting us with nature and making even the most urban environment feel naturally happier.
When I moved house (20 years ago!) I inherited a utility room in bottle green. I wasn’t a fan – it looked dense and overpowering. Now had it been a glorious emerald green with loads of luscious plants and cacti it might be another story…
Choose your green with purpose and think about where you want it to go, make yourself a moodboard for inspiration. Grab some tester pots to make sure the greens work in the space you’re changing. I usually paint a piece of cardboard so I can walk around with it into different corners of my room to fully see the effect.
The tropical trend is still very much in vogue, so this Summer, (it is coming…honestly…) veg out… relax, refresh and revitalise inside and out.
Here’s my moodboard choices this week. Some inspirational (like my hosta and primrose) and some great products too:
1. Deep green with deep blue a sumptuous duo, refined and elegant.
2. Bright emerald green with white and black – fun and smart.
3. Cacti wallpaper – fun and flamboyant – express yourself.
4. Green mix with purple tones for grown up relaxed living.
5. Chartreuse flock a vibrant contemporary geometric.
6. A striking contemporary, vinyl textured paper
7. Green with pops of sunny pink. Bold and fabulous.
More like this…